Elizabeta KITANOVIC (chargée de cours)
& Johan TEMMERMAN (professeur titulaire)
Niveau Bachelier 2 & 3
Semester 2 : Schedule
- Monday 24 January at 18:00 : webinar: Anti-Muslim hatred
- Wednesday February 2 at 18:00 : Short introduction and New Year’s Reception
- Wednesday February 16 at 18:00 : Lesson 1
- Wednesday February 23 at 18:00 : Lesson 2
- Wednesday March 9 at 18:00 : Lesson 3
- Wednesday March 16 at 18:00 : Lesson 4
- Monday March 21 at 18:00 : webinar: Hate speech
- Wednesday April 20 at 18:00 :: Lesson 5
- Wednesday April 27 at 14:00 : The right to live in a sustainable and clean environment (Open College)
- Monday May 23 at 18:00 : Webinar : Migration
Political populism is grounded in a dichotomy of society, with ‘the people’ opposed to ‘the elite’. If one would look into the profile of the populist leaders they are coming from the elitist systems and their way of ruling is to play national majorities against minorities creating the picture of an internal and external enemy. The course will discuss the ways how populist politicians use religion to manipulate and instrumentalize religion for political purposes and winning the votes to remain in power. This is an easy way of ruling society. Hand in hand with this goes destruction of multilateral organizations like United Nations, disrespect of the decisions of the European Court on Human Rights in Strasbourg, leaving the European Union ect, anti-vax society during covid -19 who refused to communicate that there is a serious threat to the public health during Covid-19 pandemic. The course will discuss how theology is used to justify white supremacy and the ruling of the populist, at the same time making decisions on the basis of race, religion, disability, age, sex ect.
Communiquée au cours.
Cours magistral en anglais.
Travail écrit possiblement complété d’une épreuve orale.
Tarif dégressif pour inscription à plusieurs « courts ouverts » (voir lien en bas de page)